Applicants must be males who will receive a high school diploma during the 2018-2019 school year, and attend an accredited college, university, or technical college during the 2019-2020 academic year. The MINIMUM GRADE POINT AVERAGE REQUIRED TO RECEIVE THE SCHOLARSHIP IS 3.0. Students must finish all phases of the application. Both incomplete and late applications will be disqualified.
Applicants must submit the following with the completed application:
- FAFSA and/or letter from Guidance Counselor to establish financial need
- An official high school transcript that includes:
- Cumulative grade point average
- Class rank & class size (if not available ask Guidance Counselor for percent ranking in class)
- ACT and/or SAT score
- Three letters of recommendation that speak to the financial need, academic and personal achievement, service and leadership.
Completed applications, with all aforementioned supporting documentation and signatures, must be received by April 12, 2019.
Scholarship awards will be determined on the basis of financial need (10), academic achievement (15), school / community / church involvement (10), and leadership (5). It is the responsibility of each applicant to fully document performance in all of these areas.
All information submitted on the attached application will be considered confidential and will not be used for any purpose other than to determine scholarship eligibility.
All information must be submitted at the same time. However, transcripts may be submitted SEPARATELY but PRIOR to the DEADLINE.
Questions may be emailed to Melvyn Tuggle firstname.lastname@example.org or Larry McHatch email@example.com